It is not every year that an event as important as the launch of a new generation of consoles takes place. Sony with its Playstation 5 and Microsoft with its Xbox Series fight to be the winning horse and reach as many homes as possible during the month of November of this year 2020. Undoubtedly, one of the main reasons to get one console or the other will be the launch games. This catalog of titles will largely depend on whether the balance is tipped to one side or the other. And you... do you already know the launch games of the new generation of consoles?
Backward compatibility is assured
Both Microsoft and Sony have confirmed that their console will be backward compatible with some games from previous console generations. In the case of Sony, 99% of the catalog of video games that were released for its Playstation 4 console will also be available and will work both on disc and digitally on the Playstation 5. You will be able to enjoy titles such as God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us II or Final Fantasy VII Remake without any problem
Microsoft for its part goes a step further in the backward compatibility of its new Xbox Series consoles. We will be able to enjoy any title of the Xbox family, whether from the first Xbox, the Xbox 360 or the Xbox One. The company has also confirmed that many of these games will feature Smart Delivery technology, meaning that they will have some kind of graphical enhancement simply by starting the game on the new consoles. Playstation 5 will also feature similar functionality under the name "boost mode"
Playstation 5 is synonymous with exclusive titles
Sony consoles have always been known for having a good number of high-quality exclusive titles. If in the final stretch of life of its console Playstation 4 surprised us with titles like The Last of Us Part II or Ghost of Tsushima, the beginning of this new generation will not leave anyone indifferent
The exclusive titles that Playstation 5 will have at the start are
- Astro's Playroom (pre-installed on the console)
- Demon's Souls
- Destruction All Stars
- Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure
From more familiar titles that will serve to test the new Dualsense such as Astro's Playroom or the platformer Sackboy: A big adventure to demanding single-player adventures like the remake of Demon's Souls or the new Spider-Man adventure (which will include the first game, published on Playstation 4, in its Ultimate version) to multiplayer experiences that make you smile and have fun like Destruction All-Stars
As if that were not enough, during the same month of November we will also be able to enjoy highly anticipated titles from the previous generation such as Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Watch Dog Legion, Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition, Cyberpunk 2077 or Yakuza Like a Dragon
The future looks very promising for Playstation 5 and on the horizon of the console we can see the following exclusive titles (or temporary exclusives):
- Returnal: a roguelike shooter set on an outer space planet.
- Horizon II: Forbidden West: the continuation of Aloy's adventure.
- God of War 2: Kratos and his son are back.
- Ratchet & Clank: A World Apart: a beautiful platformer.
- Final Fantasy XVI: the awaited new installment of the role-playing saga.
- Gran Turismo 7: Sony's driving simulator par excellence.
- Deathloop: a roguelike with a very intriguing story.
- Ghostwire Tokyo: a horror proposal from the creators of The Evil Within.
Xbox Series arrives to face Sony with its new studios
Xbox has not been characterized in recent years for having too many exclusive titles on its platform and has been considered a console focused on offering a superior graphics experience. However, with the purchase and foundation of its current 23 video game development studios, it offers us a very promising future and a nice "fight" of video games between the two companies that present their new generation of consoles
The exclusive titles with which Xbox Series will be launched are
- Gears Tactics
- The Medium (launch on December 10)
- The Falconeer
Gears Tactics brings to the table a strategy videogame set in the world of Gears of War, The Medium offers us a horror adventure that will feature the composer of the music of Silent Hill and The Falconeer is an indie proposal in which we fly over the sky
However, these are not the only titles that could be considered new for the launch of the X Series and S Series, as Microsoft has recently provided a list of 30 games that will be optimized for the launch of the consoles on November 10. Among this list of video games are:
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- Borderlands 3
- Devil May Cry V: Special Edition
- Dirt 5
- Forza Horizon 4
- Gears 5
- Nba 2K21
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Sea of Thieves
- Watch Dogs Legion
- Yakuza Like a Dragon
The future of Xbox Series is just as promising as that of Playstation 5, and there are plenty of games on the horizon that will get more than one of us excited:
- Halo Infinite: the Master Chief returns to shoot left and right.
- Fable: the reboot of one of the role-playing sagas most appreciated by fans.
- Forza Motorsport: a console generation cannot go by without a new installment of Microsoft's driving simulation series.
- Avowed: the new first-person role-playing game from Obsidian, responsible for titles such as Fallout New Vegas and The Outer Worlds.
- Senua's Saga: Hellblade II: come back to face yourself in this adventure.
- Everwild: new role-playing and adventure videogame from Rare.
- State of Decay 3: a new installment of the survival saga returns.
- As Dusk Falls: narrative adventure that tells the story of two families.
- Psychonauts 2: the awaited continuation of the first installment.
- Age of Empires IV: the fourth installment of one of the best strategy sagas.
We hope we have been of help for you to know first hand the catalog of both consoles. The coming month of November looks exciting and we already know which console we will buy... both of them!